Understanding and working through this grief helps and supports the healing process. At Patch & Purr, we offer a free 45 minute, 1 on 1 Pet Loss counselling session for our clients. Counselling sessions are conducted by qualified grief and loss experts with years of experience helping people work through the loss of their beloved pet.
Pet loss grief counselling sessions can be held in person, via the phone or Skype. Face to face counselling sessions in Sydney Metro are conducted by Vicky Nonas. Face to face sessions in the Illawarra are conducted by Karen Jacques. Any counselling sessions outside of these areas will need to be done via phone or Skype.
Vicky is a nationally qualified counsellor specialising in grief counselling/pet loss support. Following the death of her beloved dog, Boof after 18 years of companionship, Vicky's world fell apart, leading to her decision to help support other people who have lost a beloved pet.
Vicky's understanding of grief is on many levels having suffered the loss of two brothers and a close friend. Vicky feels blessed to be able to support others through their grief whether it is for the loss of a two or four-legged companion.
Karen has a diploma in Counselling, majoring in Grief & Loss and is one of only two Counsellors in Australia that is certified in Pet Loss and Bereavement with the Association of Pet Loss and Bereavement. For Karen, the loss of her 18-year-old cattle dog, Lucy, put her on the path to helping others understand and make sense of what they were thinking and feeling when they lose a beloved pet.
Karens’ philosophy is that when you gain an understanding of what emotions you are feeling then you are able to move forward and find peace.
1. Pet loss grief counselling is available to Patch & Purr clients only.
2. Additional sessions can be booked directly with the Grief Counsellor.
3. Maximum of 1 grief counselling session per client/pet.
4. Grief counselling sessions do not run on weekends or public holidays.
5. Grief counselling sessions can be held face to face, by phone or Skype.
6. All sessions must be booked in advance.
7. A minimum of 24 hours notice must be provided to cancel a counselling session. If no notice is provided the session cannot be rescheduled.
8. All sessions are voluntary and Patch & Purr does not accept liability or responsibility for the emotional impact that the session may for on an individual.
9. The opinions of the facilitator are those of her own.
10. Face to face counselling sessions in Sydney Metro regions are conducted by Vicky Nonas
11. Face to face counselling sessions in the Illawarra region are conducted by Karen Jacques
12. Any counselling sessions outside of the Sydney Metro region and Illawarra region will need to be via phone or Skype.